Sunday, October 21, 2012

Survived the 12th Birthday Party- barely!

With some intense planning and preparation, I survived Laci's 12th birthday party, which included 6 boys and 8 sixth grade girls! Homemade caramel apples, dinner, music, laughter, and lots of crazy! Games: marshmallow toss, battle of the lemons, M&M hunt, name that tune, candy relay, and an improv game. Boys left at 8:30 pm and girls slept over. Oh wait...did I say sleep, I mean laughed, giggled, and bounced around all night. Laci does not have a phone yet, so it wasn't until 2 am when I realized the root of the problem...texting! Needless to say, I confiscated all phones, and things quieted down about 10 minutes later.

Most valuable lesson learned: when Laci gets a phone, she turns it into Dan or I before she goes to bed each night! I know, I know...what a mean mom! Technology requires a whole new set of parenting skills! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment